Q: My hazard lights come on when open my car door and my clock in my car blinks also and my hazard light stay blinking what is the pr

asked by on May 18, 2017

My hazard light come on when I open my car door and my clock blinks off and on too and they stay blinking even while I'm driving my car

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are several reasons why the hazards might turn on when you open the door. Typically when you open the door the jamb switch which controls the connection to your radio and interior lights is triggered to turn on and off. This switch is the first place you should look. However it may not be the switch itself that has failed, but the connections that lead from it to the components it will turn off or on. You may also want to look into the lighting control module, as it is one of the only things your interior lights and hazards have in common. For more help tracking down the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.