Q: VSA coming on repeatedlyfor several times then off for several weeks then coming on again.

with no cause VSA comes on, car won't downshift, must stop shut off and start again. comes on again in a short distance, repeats several times. After parking overnight it may or may not clear up. Once cleared up car may run several weeks before it happens again. Local shop says if VSA is not on when I come in they can't diagnose problem. Is this a carry over from previous problems with Honda VSA problems ?

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The VSA warning light relates to the vehicle stability control system. It functions with the ABS system to keep the vehicle on the road in difficult driving conditions. There are multiple sensors and systems that tie into the VSA module and controls. The easiest way to find out which component is causing the issues is to scan the vehicle for diagnostic codes when the warning lights is on. Without the warning light being on, there are likely no codes available to scan. It may be a simple sensor that needs to be changed, or it may be more complex. Without the codes which is setting off the warning light, there is no way to tell. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.