Q: Rotors and brakes were replaced only 6 months ago, but have now been making noise again for 3 months.

Rotors and brakes were replaced only 6months ago but have now been making noise again for 3months. Mazda refused to warranty parts claiming it must be manufacturing issue. Have been having difficulty getting diagnosis through their dealerships, even before rotors and brakes were replaced by outside shop. Noise is of squealing nature. Started noticing noise only as backing out. Use to be a scraping noise during reverse and periodic varied squealing as driving, which stopped after replacement. Three months later started noticing squeaking/squealing as backing out. Now can notice it when driving as well. Not always during applied pressure on brake, started only when releasing gas pedal. Now noticing it during braking as well. What could be the manufacturing issue that could have caused these type of symptoms? I have been dealing with this for over a year and a half. Began at around 45,000 miles. Believe it or not. Multiple dealership repair shops kept saying there was no issue.

A: Hi there. Brake squeaks and squeals are a r...

Hi there. Brake squeaks and squeals are a result of pad vibration, unless it’s a sensor touching letting you know it’s time for brake pad replacement. All brake pads vibrate, whether it’s audible depends on the frequency at which the pad(s) vibrates. This audible vibration may be the result of loose pad hardware or poor fitting replacement brake pads. I recommend having your vehicle’s brakes noise diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.