Q: What door latch will work on my 1991 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0 engine. The original locks have been discontinued.

The original door latches made for my truck have been discontinued. What latches can I buy that will fit my 1991 ford ranger xlt.

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are several options including new, used, and similar parts. You can purchase one used online or from your local junk yard depending on what you have available around you. This is usually your best option if your local automotive parts stores cannot find you a replacement. You will want to take a good look at, or remove, the current one on the vehicle for a comparison to what you are buying, it ifs not factory direct (which it wont be). If you cannot order online, look for a used latch off of a ranger within 3 years of your model. They should be similar enough to work, but again, make sure you have your old one to compare it to. For more help with this repair and obtaining the part, contact our service department about scheduling.

3. What door latch will work on my 1991 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0 engine. The original locks have been discontinued.