Q: my car rear wheels are slanted

My Car rear wheels on my Mitsubishi Lancer 1998 is in a negative Chamber position

The preferred camber setting in the rear for the 1998 Mirage is -0.69 degrees. However, camber in the rear on this vehicle can be in the range of -1.19 to -.19 and still be acceptable. If your camber setting is outside this latter range then the alignment is out. To align the car, the suspension cannot have excess wear. If there is excess wear, all worn parts have to be replaced because alignment tolerances on modern cars are incredibly small. Any excess wear at all literally makes it impossible to accurately align a modern vehicle to factory specifications. If you want your vehicle’s suspension inspected by a certified Mechanic to determine if there is misalignment and/or worn suspension parts, please request a suspension inspection and the responding certified Mechanic will get your concerns addressed. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.