Q: Lights not working

asked by on February 05, 2016

I replaced the battery and my lights still don't work.

Lights (Headlamps/beams/brakes) Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If the engine is starting and running then the battery should be fine. Typically if everything else in the vehicle is working then the battery is not the problem. If you have an entire section of lighting that is out, such as the inside or the outside, then most of the time it is caused by either the main combination switch or dimmer switch. It can also be caused by a blown fuse. A mechanic would need to use a voltage meter to test for power to the affected circuit to see where to begin diagnosing this. I recommend having a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your lights to have the proper repairs done.