Q: I feel a solid bump when I hit the brakes

asked by on May 31, 2016

My vehicle's problem is a bumping noise when I put on the brake pedal or release the brake pedal. The bump is so huge that it feels like I'm in an accident, being hit. My mechanic can't find the solution. Can you tell me what is happening?

Have the vehicle driven to see if when the brakes are tough when the steering is pulled one way or the other. If it is, the problem is in the brakes or suspension on that side it pulls to. The bump may be in the lower suspension, shifting every time the brakes are applied. When the brakes are released the suspension will shift back to the resting position.

Check the lower control arm bushings or ball joint to have a problem. If you need help with this diagnoses, reach out to a qualified technician who can diagnose your brake and suspension system accurately.