Q: Not able to start - 2006 VW Mark 5

asked by on December 04, 2016

Hello there, I own a vw mk5 2006, 1.6 Fsi. Went to school and left the car idle for a year plus, now it won't start at sometime when you leave it idle for 30minutes and turn it over, it's start for just about 5 seconds then it off and won't start. Went to my location mechanic and the car was diagnosed with various codes for the EGR system and I replaced it but still the same, now it reads a new code p1095, plus I need help to solve the problem of it not starting

Hi there:

The P1095 ODB-II trouble code indicates that the O2 sensor signal circuit is slow switching from lean to rich (Bank 1 Sensor 1). When this occurs, it can cause your vehicle to stall rather quickly. However, before you go out and buy and replace the first bank O2 sensor, you should have a local mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection; as it may be the electrical harness attached to this sensor or other fuel system components.

Hi there - letting a vehicle sit for a year can cause gasoline to decompose somewhat, leaving a varnish-like gooey substance in the fuel system. This gums up injectors and other fuel system components. The P1095 problem code you have indicates a problem with a low-speed air flow flapper inside the intake manifold - sticking no doubt. I would recommend an inspection of the engine intake by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr