Q: New power steering pump leaking

I replaced the power steering pump, but it still leaks. The battery is also dead.

A: Hi there. If the new power steering pump is...

Hi there. If the new power steering pump is failing, then it is defective and needs to be replaced. Double check to see that the lines are installed correctly and are tight. As for the battery, it may just need to be jumped or recharged. If you have an issue that is causing the power steering and the charging system to not work then it may be a belt problem on the engine. If you need assistance, a qualified mechanic can locate and repair any power steering fluid leaks and let you know if you need to replace your power steering pump.