Q: What does the all-wheel drive (AWD) lock light mean?

What does the all-wheel drive (AWD) lock light mean?

The all-wheel drive (AWD) lock light means that the all-wheel drive system is locked. In this condition, power is continuously sent to all four wheels.

On the other hand, when the system is in auto all-wheel drive, the distribution of power to the front and rear wheels is automatically changed depending on driving conditions. All-wheel drive lock mode should be used when the vehicle is being driven on rough roads, at low speeds. The all-wheel drive auto mode should be selected when the vehicle is being driven on paved or slippery roads. If the vehicle is driven at high speeds in all-wheel drive lock mode, the vehicle will take control and switch to auto mode to prevent damage to the system. The switch is located on the lower side of the instrument panel.