Q: How do I use the power locks to disable the autolock feature on my car?

How do I use the power locks to disable the autolock feature on my car?

A: While the autolock feature is designed to h...

While the autolock feature is designed to help keep you and your passengers safe on the road, there may come a time that you need to deactivate it. There are four different ways you can do that, but one of the simplest is to use the power door locks. Here’s what you need to do:

• Make sure all doors are closed before you start and that they are not opened during the procedure.
  1. Turn the ignition off.

2. Turn the ignition on.

3. Press the Unlock button three times.

4. Turn the ignition off.

5. Press the Unlock button three times.

6. Turn the ignition on.

7. Listen for the horn to beep.

8. Press the Unlock button and then the Lock button. The horn should beep once if the system was deactivated. If it beeps twice (a long and short beep), the system has been activated instead.

9. Turn the ignition off again.