Q: How do you use the console box?

How do you use the console box?

Call it the console box or the center console, it amounts to the same thing – a handy storage area that offers both access to a power outlet and a place to store items out of the way. Your car’s console box is actually divided into two sections. Here’s how to use it.

Upper Half:

Pull the top latch upward and lift the lid to access the upper half of the console box. This reveals a small storage area perfect for cell phones, chargers and other small items. Push the lid down to close it.

Lower Half:

The passenger side latch opens the lower half of the console box. Pull the upper half up to expose a deeper storage area where you can store or carry larger items. You can also access the power outlet here. Close it firmly when you’re done.