Q: USB connection problem for Acura TL 2009

A few days ago, my USB connection stopped working with my iPhone 7 Plus. It now says that it's "Not supported". In addition to that, sometimes there is a message on the screen that says to turn the car off and unplug device. Failure to do so may damage the navigation system. Can this be a wiring problem under the hood?

I do not know what is wrong.

Hello, thank you for writing in. First, make sure the USB cord you are using is in good condition. Even if it is not psychically damaged on the outside, the connection inside the conduit could be disconnected or damaged. The easiest way to rule this out is to test it with a new or known good cord. Secondly, this may be a programming issue. The phone you are using is newer and has a huge difference in technology compared to what your 2009 vehicle is prepared to work with. If it was previously working well, this may not be the case. You can also try connecting to a different style of phone to confirm this, and looking into software updates that will allow the two to be compatible. For more help from our technicians, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. USB connection problem for Acura TL 2009