Q: I'm having difficulty accelerating.

I have a manual transmission. I'm having difficulty accelerating over 50mph when going up an incline while on the freeway. I don't seem to get enough power to maintain the speed limit.

It is possible that these issues are related to a few basic maintenance items that may have been overlooked overtime. I would recommend having your spark plugs and air filter checked to determine if they are in good condition. A very dirty air filter and or faulty spark plugs can cause the engine to have low power. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of this issue. Consider YourMechanic as inspections like this can be performed at your home or office.