Q: why does my car sound like it is going over rumble strips when I pick up my mph-

asked by on November 13, 2016

I'm driving around 40-45 mph, slow down, and start picking my speed up again, it sounds and feels like I'm going over rumble strips. It has also happened on the highway with cruise control on. I have taken it to the Honda dealership a lot! They tell me that they can't recreate what I'm saying. So, I took it to another mechanic, (a friends Father always goes to), he was able to recreate it and told me to take it back to Honda, which I did and they still told me there was nothing wrong. In the mean time my family keeps asking why my car does that, It happens all the time.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello there, a variety of issues will cause your 2009 Honda Pilot to have a loud noise that increases with speed. The rumble strips generally cause a loud growling noise when driven over. Common problems that will cause a growling noise are the worn tires, struts, wheel bearings, CV axle, brake rotor, or a damaged wheel. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your noise while driving and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.