Q: why does my car sound like it is going over rumble strips when I pick up my mph-

I'm driving around 40-45 mph, slow down, and start picking my speed up again, it sounds and feels like I'm going over rumble strips. It has also happened on the highway with cruise control on. I have taken it to the Honda dealership a lot! They tell me that they can't recreate what I'm saying. So, I took it to another mechanic, (a friends Father always goes to), he was able to recreate it and told me to take it back to Honda, which I did and they still told me there was nothing wrong. In the mean time my family keeps asking why my car does that, It happens all the time.

Hello there, a variety of issues will cause your 2009 Honda Pilot to have a loud noise that increases with speed. The rumble strips generally cause a loud growling noise when driven over. Common problems that will cause a growling noise are the worn tires, struts, wheel bearings, CV axle, brake rotor, or a damaged wheel. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your noise while driving and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.

• why does my car sound like it is going over rumble strips when I pick up my mph-