Q: How do I use the floor mats?

How do I use the floor mats?

While they might not seem like particularly important accessories, your car’s floor mats actually serve essential purposes. They protect the carpeting from dirt, debris and wear and tear. Properly used, they can help your interior last for a much longer time. However, there are some important tips for using them correctly:

• Make sure that both of the hooks are secure on the driver side. Never drive without the floor mat being securely hooked on both sides. A loose floor mat can slide or roll up under the pedals, greatly increasing the chances of an accident.

• Never use floor mats that are not correctly sized for your specific vehicle. Generic floor mats don’t have the right fit and don’t work with your security clip system.

• Never stack one floor mat on top of another. Use only one at a time in each sitting position.

• Make sure your floor mats are right side up at all times.

• Check the driver side floor mat for security before driving each time you get in the vehicle.

3. How do I use the floor mats?