Q: I would like to know why my rear end shakes really bad at 55 mph

My rear end starts shaking at about 50 mph and gets worse the faster I go. The shaking is not in the steering wheel

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is likely having an issue with the tires or suspension. Typically you start by testing the simpler possibilities and work your way to the more complicated fixes. With that said, one of the most common reasons for vehicle shake at 55 MPH is unbalanced tires. This can be corrected on a tire balancer with the addition of weights to make sure the tire spins evenly. See your local tire shop to help make this correction. If the problem continues after you have the tires balanced and properly inflated, you will want to look into the suspension components in the rear. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.