Q: Q: Driver's side window not going up or down.

The driver's side window started to make a scraping noise and it seemed hard for it to go up or down. Initially, it would do so slowly, now it won't move up or down at all.

The Toyota Solara uses a cable type window regulator. As these regulators wear out the will often times move slower and have crunching type noises before they fail. Another possibility is the window motor itself. My advice is to have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, remove the door panel and replace the window regulator, motor, or both items to correct this issue.

3. Q: Driver's side window not going up or down.