Q: Code P0170

asked by on October 01, 2016

CodeP0170 bank1 show

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi, thanks for writing in. The OBD-II Error Code P-0170 indicates that the powertrain control module is detecting a fuel trim that is outside the range of specification set by the vehicle’s manufacturer. This can mean a negative fuel trim or a positive fuel trim has been detected. Oxygen sensors monitor this activity and will adjust the amount of fuel the engine receives based on the readings provided by the oxygen sensors. Most common symptoms that cause this error code are clogged fuel injectors, dirty throttle body and mass airflow sensors. One of our local ASE certified mechanics can inspect and make repairs for you rather easily by coming to your home or office.