Q: My car randomly shuts off - 2007 Nissan Sentra

My car has been randomly and infrequently shutting off. I will be driving and if I brake maybe too hard the battery light will come on and the car won't move. However, the power in the car will still be working (like the radio) but it's like the engine shuts off. When I put the car in park, turn it off and turn it back on it's usually good to go. Yesterday though when I put it in park and tried to turn it back on it just made a clicking sound and would not start. I had the car jump started and it came back on. But then it happened again with the clicking noise and when I had it jump started it would turn back on so I had to have the vehicle towed. Today my uncle who is a mechanic came to have a look and when he put the keys in the car started right up and he took it for a drive around the block and it was "fine." He took a look under the hood and was saying he doesn't see a problem because both my battery and starter look good. I'm not sure what the problem could be

A: Hello. You'll need to start by having t...

Hello. You'll need to start by having the battery load-tested and charging system checked. You may need to clean the battery terminals of any corrosion since this may explain the intermittent no crank with just clicking. Your starter may also have a dead spot that will cause it to click and not crank the engine intermittently. If you need help with this diagnosis, a certified professional, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to inspect all relevant systems in order to pinpoint the cause of the stalling issue and address this issue.