Q: I replaced my throttle body positioning sensor. Does it need to be reprogrammed before driving?

My car doesnt want to start so I had a mechanic diagnosed it at my house and it came out to a faulty throttle body and sensor ive changed both but im not sure if i have to reprogramm it first before I drive

A: Hi there. If your Check Engine Light was tr...

Hi there. If your Check Engine Light was triggered on your DTS, then you should have a professional reset the Check Engine Light before starting the vehicle. However, if there was no error light, you should be OK to start your Cadillac.

If you want to play it safe and ensure the repair was completed correctly, contact a professional mechanic and have them complete a Check Engine Light inspection. This will allow them to download all stored error codes and clear them upon inspection.