Q: Why and I hearing whistling or hissing sound when accelerating in my 2005 Pontiac Vibe

i recently had wheel bearings done after hearing a humming sound when accelerating in car. now i hear a whistle or hiss like sound inside the car when i accelerate only. hard to explain but its sounds as if a faucet in a sink was left running and you can hear it from a distance.

Hello. This can be caused by a number of things. If the noise only occurs when accelerating then it may be a failure in the transmission. I would usually get the vehicle in the air and run it while listening for the noise. I have seen the noise come from the bearings inside of the transmission or even a cv axle can cause this. It is also possible that the noise is coming from the exhaust If there is a failure in the catalytic converter then this will also occur. If you are going to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose where this noise is coming from] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-making-a-noise-inspection

• Why and I hearing whistling or hissing sound when accelerating in my 2005 Pontiac Vibe