Q: Car shuts off in neutral and in park

asked by on February 26, 2017

See foamed engine after water pump blew up and sent coolant all over engine and was ideling rough afterwards (replacing pump)also replaced idle sensor but now when I start it will die unless I break and gas at same time.will drive fine in gear but die if shifted to park or neutral ...jus shut down

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. We will be happy to assist you. There are few things that I recommend you have a technician check on your vehicle. Being that coolant sprayed everywhere they would want to check the electrical connectors and wiring for any remaining fluids because there have been accounts of oil or antifreeze getting into an electrical connector causing it to short circuit, keeping it from starting. Also the engine should be checked for vacuum throttle body for excessive carbon buildup, and mass airflow sensor tested to make sure it has the proper performance values. A technician such as one you could choose from will be able to inspect your vehicle for you and also run an OBD2 scan Diagnostics on the engine control module to help determine the exact problem by performing a Car is stalling inspection https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-stalling-inspection