Q: My car wont start.

asked by on June 14, 2017

My ratchet touched the postive and negitive battery cabels when reinstalling now it won't start, i cant hear the starter tring to crank tge it stops. Is it a dead battery?

Hi there. If the two battery terminals were triggered by the ratchet, it’s more likely that the main relay is damaged or a fuse has popped. If the starter will activate, then the issue is most likely due to an ignition system fault; perhaps even a stored error code in the ECU that would have to be removed by a professional mechanic. The best advice I can offer to reduce costs on repairs is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a car is hard to start inspection, so they can pinpoint the source and recommend or complete the right repairs.