Q: Bypass a.c. compressor with a short serpentine belt, can this be done if not what about a bypass pulley?

A.c. compressor clutch locked up and broke serpentine belt. Is there a way to bypass the pulley with a shorter belt, if not what bypass pulley do I need? Can't afford to take to a shop and I am stuck 100 miles from home. Please if there is anyway to fix this temporary just so I can make it back. It's a 04 Lincoln Aviator

The compressor cannot be bypassed without the use of a compressor bypass pulley. It would cost more for a bypass for the compressor than it would be to just replace the compressor pulley. Install a new pulley or pulley bearing if it can come off of the compressor and then put on a new belt.

3. Bypass a.c. compressor with a short serpentine belt, can this be done if not what about a bypass pulley?