Q: What is the cost of replacing your transmissions valve body, including the part and labor?

asked by on April 25, 2017

I would like to know the cost of a valve body replacement on a transmission, including the cost and labor.

The cost depends on the model and engine type/size. Also, do you want a Toyota OEM valve body (new from dealer), a rebuilt valve body or a site re-built valve body? An additional complication is you have to be sure the valve body is actually defective. It is fairly common to just have, say, a stuck shift solenoid, or some other frankly mundane issue which does not even require removal of the valve body from the transmission. If it would help you, you can request a site visit from a certified mechanic and once he or she sees what you have can give you very specific repair options and discuss with you the wisdom of each approach. To request that, just use YourMechanic’s transmission shift diagnostic service page. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.