Q: Ford Edge Powertrain Warning Light

I recently had my transmission replaced and the cv joints on left and right, now my powertrain light keeps coming on. I've had back at the shop and they updated the computer but couldn't find anything else wrong. The light is still coming on and the car won't accelerate when this happens. If the system is reset so the warming goes, the cat will drive fine for a while. What else could be causing this issue?

Hi there. If the light is coming on, then there should be codes in the computer that are recorded as to why the light is on. It can have something to do with the transmission replacement, or it may be something completely separate. I usually scan the computer for codes and then if nothing comes up I monitor the sensor readings to see if anything is not reading correctly. If there are no codes, then the computer itself may be failing. If you want to have this Check Engine Light issue inspected, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.