Q: 44re. Trans flter, transducer and gov pressure solenoid replaced. Get loud clunk now going into reverse. fluid level is good.

Did a trans filter change, transducer and gov pressure solenoid on 44re trans. fired it up in park and proceeded to move to neutral. Got a loud "clank" going into reverse. ran it through all other gears with no noise etc. It previously never made any type of clunking etc. it is sitting on Jack stands and I let the Durango get to operating temp to check fluid level. I am using Mopar ATF+4. pretty sure its not u joints either as it had never made this sound before. well it never made this sound before while it was on all four tires instead of jack stands. used mopar parts

I would recommend placing the vehicle back on all four wheels and see if that noise still exists. I would also recommend test driving the vehicle to determine if the transmission functions properly otherwise. If the noise only happens one time and never happens again, I would likely not worry about it too much. If the noise continues to happen, I would then recommend having your transmission inspected by a qualified professional to diagnose the reason for this noise.

3. 44re. Trans flter, transducer and gov pressure solenoid replaced. Get loud clunk now going into reverse. fluid level is good.