Q: What tire inflation guidelines does Honda recommend?

What tire inflation guidelines does Honda recommend?

A: Your tires are the only things separating y...

Your tires are the only things separating your car from the road. They’re vital, but easily overlooked, particularly when it comes to ensuring proper inflation. Honda specifies a few guidelines for tire inflation on your Accord:

• Honda recommends visually checking tires daily.

• Honda recommends checking the tire pressure with an accurate gauge monthly.

• Check tire pressure when the tires are “cold” – not after you’ve driven, as this heats them up and causes the air to expand and give you false readings.

• If you notice air pressure loss, check the tire for a puncture.

Underinflated tires suffer from poor wear and can cause safety issues. The same is true for overinflated tires. Make sure your tires are inflated to the automaker’s specifications (found on the driver side door placard).