Q: Blue smoke from tailpipe

asked by on May 07, 2017

Ok so I had and oil change twice because of oil leaking onto exhaust manifold only when turning car on for first time in the morning . It all started happing with first oil change they said they spill a lot of oil all over my motor . It's been a month and it's still smoking so I took it to another shop and hey changed oil but problem was still there . Took my car in Friday to get it checked out at a local garage and three said it could be the o ring to the oil filter so he changed that and I don't see oil leak no more but I still get blue smoke from tailpipe when a/c is on what can't it be?

Bluish tinted smoke from the exhaust means that there is an internal oil leak into the combustion chambers from the valve guides, valve stem oil seals and/or the piston rings. Cylinder compression can be tested to get an indication of the condition of the rings. Installing new valve stem oil seals often reduces the amount of oil getting into the combustion chambers and ending up as smoke in the exhaust. You can have the situation diagnosed if you request an engine smoking diagnostic. Once you have that diagnostic, the mechanic can help you weigh your options and determine what repairs will be both helpful and cost-effective. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.