Q: Clutch and brake pedal feel strange

My clutch pedal goes all the way to the floor when I go to put my car into gear. Also, my brakes feel like they are really low and my car seems like it doesn't want to stop.

A: Hi, it sounds like you have a defective clu...

Hi, it sounds like you have a defective clutch master cylinder. I would inspect the clutch master cylinder as well as the slave cylinder. To replace the clutch master cylinder drain the brake fluid out the reservoir then disconnect the clutch pipe and hose from master cylinder. The cotter pin is pried out and the pedal pin is pulled out from the yoke. Remove the nuts and master clutch cylinder assembly and install new master cylinder in the reverse order of installment. If you need assistance, a professional mechanic can diagnose your clutch and brake issue and perform the repairs needed to get your car back on the road.