Q: I'm getting check engine light code P0446 and P0452.

I know what the codes mean, just not sure where to start, I don't want to replace the whole EVAP system.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The codes may be related, or they may be separate. When it comes to the P0446, you can try to clean the EVAP vent valve with some standard cleaner for it from your local automotive store. Chances are it is gunked up and needs to be cleaned up to work properly. Pay close attention to the valve during this process to make sure it is not damaged or bent. The second code will likely require some extra work and diagnostic efforts. The first thing to check is the gas cap. It is responsible for regulating gas pressure. Also check the pressure sensor itself. These are the two most common components to cause this code. For more help resolving the problem, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I'm getting check engine light code P0446 and P0452.