Q: brakes and they told her no pin on sway bar

asked by on October 01, 2016

My question is dose the van need the sway bar ? Need to know so our daughter can feel safe with her 5 yr old daughter do we need to replace the pins ?

Sway bars are responsible for keeping the vehicle level during cornering. If the vehicle did not have a sway bar, it would rock to whichever side is opposite of the direction you are turning. The sway bar provides stability for the vehicle. The sway bar link pins are what mounts the sway bar to the vehicle. This is not an extermely unsafe condition if the sway bar links are broken but it is highly advised to have the issue replaced. I would not recommend driving the vehicle too much with no sway bar.