Q: Battery is dying, jump start did not work - 2013 Cadillac XTS

My battery has been dying lately in my XTS Platinum. And it’s really causing me a lot of inconvenience and problems. I parked my car in the morning, and when I came back to it at night the battery was dead. I couldn't open the doors. So I wasn't able to get the car jumped. The key fob didn’t work with a dead battery. I had to take a cab home and have the car towed to the dealership. I had to have it towed from home once, too. I don’t know why this is happening. I turned everything off before locking my car. Lights must not be turning off inside that should be. Is there a way to disable the delay between turning off the car and the lights going off? Do you have any suggestions?

A: To find a way to decrease the delay for the...

To find a way to decrease the delay for the lights, consult the owner’s manual for the specific steps to change the delay. Otherwise, there may be a faulted circuit allowing a component to stay powered up with the ignition off. In this case, a parasitic drain test must be performed on the vehicle to point out which circuit is at fault, then the mechanic can follow the devices on the circuit to find the problem and diagnose your battery issue.