Q: I have a 2008 Honda Odyssey and 3 weeks ago my CEL came on and the van started vibrating while idling.

I have a 2008 Honda Odyssey. 3 weeks ago my CEL came on and the van started vibrating while idling. It would drive ok when I got past 1st gear. But stop to 1st gear was sluggish and rough. I took it to a mechanic and when he cleared the error codes the problem stopped immediately with nothing done to the van. Pure magic. 1 day ago the same problem happened again. This time the VAS light came on as well. Any ideas as to the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there. Since the check engine light is coming on I would have to scan the computer for codes to see what is happening. It sounds like you may have an intermittent issue. Most of the time this is caused by a failing spark plug or ignition coil, though this engine also has some issues with the cylinder control from the computer. Once I scanned for codes I would know if it needed just a computer update or possibly a tune up. I would have a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose why the [check engine light is coming on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection

3. I have a 2008 Honda Odyssey and 3 weeks ago my CEL came on and the van started vibrating while idling.