Q: Trying to find the best way to change a tensioner pulley.

I have a 2000 dodge neon with a broken tensioner pulley. The assembly is fine, I have purchased a new pulley to install in the broken ones place. I've seen different videos of people taking the engine mount off and pulling out their whole power steering pump and removing wheels. At this point I'm not sure that is an option for me. The top engine mount is cracked and taking it off will most likely require me to replace it before putting it back on and my passenger side tire hasn't had a tire changed in so long I snapped one of the bolts to hold the tire on just trying to loosen the lug nuts. I am however very nimble and I'm hoping someone will have some advice on how to get to the pulley from the bottom side where I feel there is much more room?

Please help!

Hi there. The best thing to do is get a serpentine belt tool to remove the belt. Then you can get the tensioner out of the vehicle. You may have to remove the inner fender to the vehicle to reach the tensioner. If you cannot get the inner fender off the wheel well housing, then you will have to remove the wheel and you would have to remove the engine mounting bolts to jack up the engine for to access the tensioner. If your engine mount is cracked, it is advised to replace it. Also for safety reasons, it is advised to replace the broken stud in your wheel. If you need further assistance with removing the tensioner pulley, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.