Q: 1999 Mazda Miata leaking oil

asked by on February 09, 2016

My car is leaking oil. I also hear noise coming from the front-left brake.

Oil leaks can be tricky. As the vehicle ages, oil can start leaking from multiple places. If it is dripping on the ground it needs addressed right away. Is it engine oil, power steering, or transmission fluid? All can create bigger problems if not repaired, so it would be best to have a mechanic locate and repair the leak sooner than later.

Brake noises can be caused by many things. Worn or rusted rotors, brake pad wear indicators, cracked pads, or cheap pads. The only way to find out is to have the brakes inspected. If you would like this repaired, consider YourMechanic -- our mechanics provide diagnostics at your home or office.