Q: Reduced power when accelerating

The car seems to have reduced power when accelerating. The problem seems to happen after the engine has warmed up, But I'm not positive on this.

A: There are a quite a few possibilities. If t...

There are a quite a few possibilities. If the engine is running rough, you may have a misfire. If there is a problem with the turbo, you will have little power. The mass airflow sensor measures the airflow to the engine and commands how much fuel is delivered. If it is giving a biased reading, you will be down on power. Usually a problem like this will set a code in the engine’s computer. This gives mechanics a good place to start the diagnostics. If you would like this repaired, consider having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect why your car is slow to accelerate.