Q: Reduced power when accelerating

asked by on March 22, 2016

The car seems to have reduced power when accelerating. The problem seems to happen after the engine has warmed up, But I'm not positive on this.

There are a quite a few possibilities. If the engine is running rough, you may have a misfire. If there is a problem with the turbo, you will have little power. The mass airflow sensor measures the airflow to the engine and commands how much fuel is delivered. If it is giving a biased reading, you will be down on power. Usually a problem like this will set a code in the engine’s computer. This gives mechanics a good place to start the diagnostics. If you would like this repaired, consider having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect why your car is slow to accelerate.