Q: Bought cheap crank shaft sensor, now a code is coming on.

If I bought a cheap crank shaft sensor to replace the old one and the code is still comeing up is it possible it's faulty . And also I had to change the sensor Cuse my car is not reving past 3k my card not misfiring or nothing tho

Hello. If the code is still coming up after replacing the sensor, then it may be possible that the sensor is faulty or the issue lies elsewhere. If it was an inexpensive crank sensor then it may be possible that the component is of low quality and not functioning correctly.

It may also be possible the issue is with the wiring or connector that go to the sensor. I would start by carefully examining and testing the crank sensor and associated wiring to see if they are functioning correctly. I would also look into the cam position sensor, as that can sometimes cause similar symptoms when it goes bad. If you would like to have this looked at more closely, an expert from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the cause of the code and assist with any repairs or adjustments that may be needed.