Q: Buzzing noise wheels steering

My Audi has 90,500 miles on it and for the last 7 months I had a low, buzzing/humming sound coming from one of my wheels. I am not sure which one. It gets louder the faster I drove and it's very constant the longer the trip is. It sounds kind of like a washing machine when it’s on spin cycle at a lower pitch. My steering wheel vibrated also when I am drove from 75 mph down to 55 mph. Then it stopped completely. I’ve taken it to the repair shop to have the wheel bearings checked, alignment and balancing done. I've also had the tires checked and did this 2 times at 2 repair shops. I noticed the buzzing noise after I had my MOT service done. Do you have any idea what’s wrong with my car and how I can fix the problems?

Hello. This can be caused by a number of things. Most of the time it is due to a brake pad sensor rubbing on the rotor. Once it does this long enough, it will break and the noise will stop. It can also be caused by a tire that was not seated properly or if the vehicle is all-wheel drive, then the axle may have a failing joint. When this occurs, I get the vehicle in the air and run it while listening for the noise to try and pinpoint it. If it is coming from the rear, it may also be the fuel pump making noise. The key to finding this is the noise being present while it is tested. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the noise and follow through with repairs.

3. Buzzing noise wheels steering