Q: How to install or replace the shift shaft cable and linkage

I need to see how to install a new one

The only way to see how to install one is to see if there is a video online or watch a mechanic do the work. The shift cable does not go bad very often on these vehicles. The most common problem on these vehicles is the shift tube bottom plate coming off and needing to be reinstalled and the screws locked in place. However, if you need help, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to perform a shift cable replacement for you.