Q: Acceleration and loss of power issue

My truck doesn't have any power and my overdrive light on

The transmission control module (TCM) helps regulate fuel efficiency and power while storing information about the transmission system in its memory. A faulty transmission control module may cause a delay in acceleration or erratic shifting of gears.

The transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform it’s function.

The TCM also controls the overdrive function of your truck’s transmission. Any of these may also affect the way the transmission control module performs and controls the transmission and the shifting of your truck.

I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your loss of power problem and service your transmission speed sensor if necessary. Best of luck.