Q: Car won't start - 1998 Dodge Durango

My truck was working just fine yesterday and when I went out to start it this morning, all it does is click when I turn the key but my headlights, radio and power windows all work just fine.

A: The starting troubles you are having are li...

The starting troubles you are having are likely related to your battery or your starter. You will want to start by jump starting the vehicle. If this works, the battery was drained. The battery then may just need a good charge, or it may be failing to hold a charge and you will end up needing to replace it anyway.

If jump starting the vehicle does not work, you likely have an issue with your starter. You can have your starter bench tested by most technicians and at your local auto parts stores. Be warned , however, that bench tests that come back positive may be a false positive, as bench testing does not measure the starter's ability to turn the engine over but only to spin freely.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why your car will not start and suggest any necessary repairs.