Q: How much to replace a camshaft in 2014 chevy cruze

My daughters car was making a ticking noise. She is away at school and dealer told me they have to replace camshaft. Also water pump leaking. Also, an excessive amount of rust under the car and have to replace rotors and brakes.

Hi there. Replacing a camshaft is a major repair that our mobile mechanics don’t offer through YourMechanic.com. Since the water pump is also damaged, it’s possible the engine overheated; which may have caused additional engine damage. The excessive rust under the vehicle is also troubling and could be a safety issue. It might be a good idea to consider replacing this vehicle; as the repairs alone might be rather costly.