Q: Truck will act like it is not getting enough fuel when cruisng. RPMs drop then comes back up or under load

idles great, mash down accelerator runs fine put a load on it stumbles acts like it out of gas

A: Hello. I think you have called it, this is ...

Hello. I think you have called it, this is almost certainly a fuel supply issue. Installing a fuel pump pressure gauge which can be observed while driving will confirm this. Sources could include a worn out fuel pump, a fuel pump relay with burned contacts, a clogged fuel filter, clogged fuel injectors, or a failing fuel pressure regulator. I would recommend having a loss of power inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and estimate for repairs.