Q: Hello, my car's temperature isn't rising, so the ac isn't working, what do you think is the problem? Compressor, or Radiator?

asked by on April 16, 2017

My car's AC isnt working because of the temperature sign, never going up. Yesterday i went to a mechanic, and they told me you have to clean the radiator, and refill its water. We did all that, it was fine until the night. Then today morning, it turned it on, the temperature was fine, but then after 10 min of driving, it went back again to 40º, so the AC didn't work.

Do you think it's the Compressor problem?

AC is not working Inspection $96.46 - $106.46 Get a Quote

The radiator is part of the engine cooling system and would not typically be inspected or serviced if the passenger compartment air conditioning system is not working. If the car engine is overheating you might inspect the radiator though. If the air conditioning system is not functioning, the refrigerant charge could be low, the compressor or compressor clutch might be defective, or there could be a problem with the controls (mostly electrical). There are other causes as well. If you have a malfunctioning A/C system, please request an A/C system diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.