Q: My car is leaking transmission fluid - I can't diagnose the leak

Only leaking transmission fluid while being driven, then pooling when in park. My fiancé changed the transmission fluid and filter (but did not change front differential fluid at the same time- AWD vehicle). He's going to try and change the transmission pan gasket. Are these vehicles known for having certain issues with leaking transmission fluid and where could it be coming from?

Based on the NHTSA database covering consumer complaints, as well as government mandated recalls and factory service bulletins, for your specific year, make and model, I do not see evidence of widespread complaints about transmission fluid leaks. Such leaks are, in fact, common in transmissions made by any car company, particularly if the transmission is older than say 10 years. There is a manual shaft seal, oil pan gasket, output shaft seals, case seals, torque converter seal (inaccessible) and so forth all of which are potential leak points on your transmission.

If you want to identify and resolve these leaks, certainly a certified Mechanic from YourMechanic could come out and perform a transmission leak inspection and let you know where the leak points are and what it will cost to resolve them.