Q: It’s a 2008 pt cruiser and when I try to reverse and I have to actually press the gas petal for it to be able to reverse it

When I try to back out of a parking spot I have to press the gas petal hard for it to move and it starts shaking when I do it

Are the brakes or the parking brake sticking or stuck? You can check to see if the wheels turn freely to rule that in or out. If the wheels are not stuck, either the engine or the transmission has a deficiency. Does this occur only when the car engine is cold (first started)? If operation in drive is normal with good acceleration and no vibration (shaking), there could be an issue with the transmission in reverse gear. However, if the engine idles poorly and lacks power, the issue is more likely in the engine. If the issue is the engine or engine controls, what you are describing is a "loss of power". Among common possibilities for loss of power are throttle body faults (electronic throttle controls, mass airflow sensor, torn air intake hose), worn out spark plugs, faulty fuel pump or restricted fuel system, and large vacuum leaks (including EGR malfunctions, PCV system, leaking intake manifold, leaking EVAP purge valve). A scan tool would be used to look at real time conditions within the engine (particularly fuel trim, etc.) and identify the root cause. If you want these diagnostic tests performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a loss of power inspection/diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. It’s a 2008 pt cruiser and when I try to reverse and I have to actually press the gas petal for it to be able to reverse it