Q: Q: Car died and won't start

I had the alternator changed, and that fixed the problem for about two weeks. Now the car has died, and doesn't start up.

I would look at the battery first. The battery may not hold a charge anymore. The typical age of a battery is 6 to 10 years, depending on what climate you live in. When the battery dies it will no longer produce enough power to crank the car, even if the alternator is trying to charge it. You can have the battery load tested from a technician with YourMechanic. If the load test comes back good, then the next step is to determine whether the starter is working properly. If the starter turns very slowly then your starter is probably going bad and needs replacing.

3. Q: Car died and won't start