Q: Installing a trailer hitch requires cutting out a piece of the underbody trim panel.

Does cutting a hole in the panel create any problems?

Hello, thanks for writing in. Personally, if it was my new car I would check to see if there is another different trailer hitch on the market that does not require cutting any trim panels. If there is no other options then cutting the panel should only be done by a professional hitch installer. This way if the bumper cover is cut wrongly during the installation you have recourse to get it replaced.

• Installing a trailer hitch requires cutting out a piece of the underbody trim panel.